Saturday, June 11, 2011

Downgrading iPad2 from iOS 5 beta 1 back to iOS 4.3.3

I like features in iOS 5 and can't wait to grab a copy from Apple Developer's site to have it installed both on my iPad 2 and iPhone 4.

It looks good, most of the new features are exactly what I have been waiting for, and all these features work as advertised.

But wait, there are some apps previously working well on iOS 4.3.3 are now exhibiting strange behavior, some apps can't even work at all.

Apps that I rely most are Numbers, Keynote, and Pages. While Pages works, Numbers and Keynote are not working.

It is very strange given Numbers and Keynote are both from Apple, and have just received updates a few days before iOS 5 beta 1 released.

In order to keep my iPad 2 going, I have to resort to downgrading the firmware back to iOS 4.3.3, at least until the newer beta out and problem solved.

I followed the steps here, except that I did not uninstall my iTunes 10.5 and put back iTunes 10.3 as mentioned. Let's see if it works.

Cross my finger

No comments:

Post a Comment